[pmwiki-users] update to PHP 8 (video5)

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Fri Oct 28 13:08:34 PDT 2022

Le 28/10/2022 à 20:53, Petko Yotov a écrit :

> Yes, see pmwiki.org/Troubleshooting.

yes, I did, but no use for this particular problem

  Sometimes recipes only register
> actions to be performed later by PmWiki, or functions to be called
> later; until PmWiki tries to do what the recipe has requested, there may
> be no obvious errors.

don't seems to be the case here

> BTW depending on the code checker, it may never process the full file
> which has this on the first line:
>
>     if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
>
> If you run this single file in a PHP processor, it will simply exit.

I don't know how these code checkers works, but if it only try to run
the file, it's of little use :-(

What I couldn't understand is how do pmwiki think the cookbook is too
old, I don't see anything in it

https://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/video5.php

by the way I wrote to the author and had no answer.

I already manage a piwigo plugin (charlie's content), with among other
things a html5 module. With some help I keep it updated (I still have to
do for php 8, but I already have some clues thanks to an user). So I can
manage video5 as well if necessary

thanks
jdd

--