[Pmwiki-users] Searchbox conversion to Pmwiki2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Dec 6 08:03:58 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 02:46:08PM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> The conversion script left the searchbox disfunct, I had to
> replace the query string of "text" with "q" to fix this.
> Was this change in the code necessary and could it be fixed in the
> conversion script?

It was needed because the text= parameter is really used for posting
the text new pages, and there were a couple places where having the
same name used for both was causing complications.  So I switched
to follow the Google standard (q=) instead.

I'm not sure what you're wanting the conversion script to "fix" in
this case -- are you asking for it to fix links to the search page
that have text= in them...?  If so I can probably do it (but need
a concrete example to work from).

> Also:
> if i change the (:searchresults:) directive and include list=normal
> i get as result on top of the link listing:
> "Results of search for list=normal {searchexpression}:"
> Is the appearance of list=normal in this sentence deliberate, or can
> it be avoided?

It's not deliberate -- I just haven't yet figured out what it *should*
do yet.  Got any suggestions?