[Pmwiki-users] Searchbox conversion to Pmwiki2

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Dec 6 14:42:06 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:00:59PM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> > I'm not sure what you're wanting the conversion script to "fix" in
> > this case -- are you asking for it to fix links to the search page
> > that have text= in them...?  If so I can probably do it (but need
> > a concrete example to work from).
>
> I was just concerned that anybody converting from version 1 to 2 will
> have a non-working searchbox if they use a previous skin template.
> I suppose the conversion script can't really fix the skin templates,
> so perhaps it should be documented that this change from name='text'
> to name='q' in the search form is necessary.

Added to the PmWiki.ChangesFromPmWiki1 page, thanks.

> It could simply read: "Results of search for {search expression}"
> Or, if (list=normal): "Results of normal search for {search expression}"
> Or, if not (list=normal): "Results of extended [or full] search for
> {search expression}"

Hmm, that's a fair bit of logic to be adding to the search (sounds simple
at first, but remember it has to be internationalizable also :-).  But it's
a good start.  Would search expression just contain the search terms, or...?
What if the user limited the search to a particular group, either via the
group/ or group= syntax?