[pmwiki-users] Long running php exec... need a better soln

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 22 17:43:39 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 04:12:27PM -0500, Chris Cox wrote:
> I have a custom markup that invokes a command via
> shell_exec that returns PmWiki markup for display.
>
> But the command can take awhile, and while it is
> excuting all of pmwiki is of course blocked...

...why is all of pmwiki blocked?  All of pmwiki for
a single browser may be blocked (because of PHP's
session handling locking that prevents two processes from
using the same session simultaneously), but other browsers
should still be able to access the site.

If that's not the case, let's look into it further... :-)