[pmwiki-users] spaces in page names?

Thomas Richter marfak at gmail.com
Tue May 2 11:44:51 CDT 2006

2006/4/27, Pico <pmwiki at ben-amotz.com>:

> Thomas Richter wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am creating a FAQ based on PmWiki, so page names  are descriptive
> > questions. For two reasons i would like the Page names to retain
> > spaces.
> >
> > First: I use the tags-cookbook extension, and the links automatically
> > listed for a tag get garbled (something like
> > "WhatCodecIsBestForVideocompression"), because they are derived from
> > the page name.
> >
> > Second: it would be fine, if page names could be parsed by Google and
> > understood as compositions of different keywords.
> >
> > I localized one bit of the PmWiki Code where spaces are being stripped
> > (function MakePageName) and i would like to convert them to "%20" but
> > i failed to find other relevant parts of the code.
>

> Have you enabled the spacewikiwords option (by directive or adding
> $SpaceWikiWords = 1; in your config.php)?
>
> That should cause the page titles to appear with spaces.  For spaces in
> pagelists, you will have to modify the pagelist templates to use
> {$Namespaced} or {$Titlespaced} instead of the default {$Name} markup.
>
> Forcing the page name to contain the entire question seems like it could
> become burdensome pretty quickly.  Have you looked into other options
> (like using the title for the full question and using pagelist to
> display titles instead of page names).
>
> Also, you may want to take a look at several recent Cookbook recipes for
> FAQ pages.

Thanks Pico!

I fear i misphrased my question - the page titles are spaced (with
$SpaceWikiWords=1), but i want the filenames (which i referred to as page
names, according to
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/9521 ) to
incorporate spaces too (encoded as "%20") - is that possible?

What problems do you think could occur when the page names/titles contain
the whole question? I don´t know what kind of better naming-system i could
establish for new pages, easy enough to understand by all my users... :-/

Greetings,
Thomas