[pmwiki-users] Site.PageHeader in 2.2beta31

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Feb 14 16:03:18 CST 2007

Wednesday, February 14, 2007, 4:49:53 PM, sgp wrote:

> Upgrading from 2.1.27 to 2.2beta31 I noticed that Site.PageHeader exists
> by default and can't be deleted. Bug or feature I don't know, but it did
> create an upgrade problem for me. The forced existence of
> Site.PageHeader results in the default PmWiki logo being displayed on
> all pages, in addition to the logo image set by $PageLogoUrl. I could
> "turn off" the PmWiki logo by clearing Site.PageHeader page contents,
> but that also disabled the logo set by $PageLogoUrl. I did find a
> complete work-around, but I wish that, more simply, Site.PageHeader
> could be deleted like in version 2.1.

I imagine you use either one of Gemini, FixFlow or Triad skins, all of
which use a Site.PageHeader (or a Group.PageHeader if defined) page to
define what appears in the header section at the top. A default page
is part of the skin's wikilib.d page store. If you customise
Site.PageHeader then your customised page will be loaded instead of
the default page in the skin's wikilib.d/ folder. Deleting it will
result in the default page being loaded. If you don't want any content
in the page header section then save Site.PageHeader with no content
in it. Or set in pub/css/local.css: #header {display:none;}

A situation which loads both a pmwiki logo and a logo image set with
PageLogoFmt should not exist. When you upgraded pmwiki, did you also
upgrade the skin? There have been changes over time to the skins
regards use of PageLogoFmt. The later ones define it in PageHeader
like this (and the skin.php sets the page variable for $PageLogoUrl):

>>lfloat<<
[[{$ScriptUrl}|{$PageLogoUrl}]]
>><<

Of course you could substitute that for any normal kind of image link,
for instance:
[[Main.HomePage| Attach:Site/MyLogoImg.gif]]

Looking at Site.PageHeader right now I noticed that I introduced a
small bug with the latest Triad skin:
Instead
(:if enabled FontSizer:) [-(:fontsizer:)-](:if:)
it should be
(:if expr enabled FontSizer AND enabled TriadSkin :) [-(:fontsizer:)-](:if:)

This last line would be important when using different skins, i.e. in
the default Gemini or FixFlow do not display the fontsizer buttons in the
header, but Triad does. Triad's heade ris quite different, but I used
one page PageHeader to cater for all three skins, therefor the
conditional markups.

Hans