[Pmwiki-users] Working with files -- Experience using PmWiki

Knut Alboldt mailing
Mon Sep 20 13:38:15 CDT 2004

At 17:02 20.09.2004, Pm wrote:

>The best scenario I've seen described thus far is to have an "Attach File"
>button in the edit form that pops up an upload form in a separate window.
> >From the separate window the author then uploads the attachment, and
>when the window is closed/finished the Attach: link is added directly
>into the text box (via Javascript) or the author is given instructions
>about what to add to the edit box.  Votes?

That doesn't sound bad, but it seems to me, that this will not solve the
multiple file upload.
If you're willing to use javascript, why not using an java-applet for
multiple file upload, even with the possibility of using drag and drop (at
least in windows-browser-environments).

The idea of inserting the link into the text via javascript is quite ok. I
wonder if it is possible to put text at the cursor-position in an existing
textarea or isn't it reduced to be appended to the existing text ? If not
this technique would be also nice to be used to enter characters, which
can't be typed in at the keyboard directly (I've lately seen this at our
nic-site (denic)) by adding a table of special characters on the
edit-form-page.

Knut