[Pmwiki-users] New skin available (PhpNet)

Neil Herber nospam
Tue Jan 18 11:11:58 CST 2005

At 2005-01-18  11:03 AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff is rumored to have said:
>An even better solution IMHO, would be to post a new zip with a
>"pub/phpnet/" directory. The reason I think this better is that we could
>come up with a set of standards (if they don't exist already) for
>cookbook/skin authors to use for creating their zip/tar file that would
>simplify installation. For instance, if the rule is _always_ "change to
>the pmwiki directory and unzip the file" that makes it easy for everyone
>to remember and use.

I would suggest that the best bet for a "manual" solution is for all skin
zip/tar files to include only their enclosing directory (phpnet/ in the
example cited). The danger (for me) of including the pub/ directory is that
the other files and directories in pub/ can be overwritten if the names are
the same.

In fact, while I am at it, could I suggest that all skins (including the
default, perhaps) include their "print" template inside the skin directory?
That is:
pub/skinname/print/print.tmpl

The LeanSkin (and phpnet skin) has the print template in a print/
subdirectory, the DropDown skin uses the  dropdown/ directory, and any of
the other skins I have tried have no print template.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668