[pmwiki-users] Wikiforms and templates(SameerKumar):pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 59

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Tue Jul 31 01:55:40 CDT 2007

On Tuesday, 31 July 2007 12:02 PM, Sameer Kumar <skumar at eharch.com>
wrote:

>In continuation of my post below, for a Group.PageActions page, I tried

>(:if group Projects:)

>(:if exists Projects.{$Name} :)(:fpara title=Projects.{$Name} :)

>* %item rel=nofollow class=back

>accesskey=$[ak_back]%[[@3@{$Name}@3@}?action=view | $[View] ]]

>(:ifend:)

>(:ifend:)

>But this does not work. Any ideas how I can achieve that???

What did it give you?? When you say "it does not work", that doesn't

give me much to go on.

[SK] When I say "It does not work" I mean that when I add the above
conditional statement, the "View" tab disappears.

I think your problem is that you are not

referring to the correct {$Name}. You need to be referring to the

name of the page containing the title. If I have read the documentation

for this recipe correctly, that is stored in {$BaseName}. However,

I am not familiar with this particular recipe.

Can you send me some links to the pages with the problems?

In addition, explain what is happening and what you want to happen.

[SK] As far as I know, this is not a recipe. It is PmWiki core
functionality. See http://www.pmwiki.com/wiki/PmWiki/PageActions-Draft.

The website that I have sent you the link for (www.93batch.org
<http://www.93batch.org/> ) will demonstrate that if you go to
Site.PageActions. I am having some permissions issues with this website
currently. Hopfully that will not interfere with your purpose.

I have a group called Comments which stores all the pages under the
Discussion tab. See
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CommentPageLink-Talk

AS per this link, I am trying to rework the tabs on Comments.PageActions
so that "if the Group is Projects, "View" tab takes me to
Projects.<title> rather than Project.{$Name}"

This is similar to the Site.PageActions where it says that "if the Group
is Projects, "Edit" tab takes me to Projecttext.{$Name}?action=edit
instead of Project.{?Name}..."

Hope that helps.

You probably need

(:if exists Projects.{$BaseName} :)(:fpara title=Projects.{$BaseName} :)

[SK] I tried this. Again, the View tab disappears.

However, this may go horribly wrong if $BaseName = $Name -- ie

you are on the base page and not on the corresponding discussion page.

This is just a guess. Without seeing what is happening, I'm groping

in the dark.

Sorry, this is not much help.

JR