[pmwiki-users] Speed up PmWiki

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 05:14:09 CDT 2007

I've gone and implemented something very much like Thomas's script as
a cookbook recipe: FastCache
<http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FastCache>. I didn't actually notice
this thread until I was posting the thing, but the implementation is
very similar.

FastCache buffers printed output during anonymous page viewing and
saves the complete HTML page to file, allowing for Apache mod_rewrite
rules to serve up-to-date static pages for anonymous users, which
significantly speeds up general site access. Cache pages are
invalidated when a wiki page is posted, ensuring that the cache stays
up to date.

As an indicator of the efficiency of this kind of caching, my server
without FastCache can handle at most 10 pages/second, and with
FastCache it handles about 1500 pages/second.

Some beta issues still remain, of course. See the recipe for more info.

eemeli