[pmwiki-users] PmWiki and Pagelist as report generator

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Aug 22 01:23:12 CDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Peter & Melodye Bowers
<pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:
>> Producing the individual pages manually using the ordinary pmwiki editor
>> was fine when there were only two or three a week. However, we're going
>> to need lots more, and it would be useful to use an input form to write
>> out the individual pages.
>>
>> Is there a way in PmWiki of having a form that collects values of
>> variables and then writes them out, not to an email, but to a new wiki
>> page whose name is constructed from variables in the form?
>
> I'll probably later move this solution to Cookbook/WikiShExamples, but for
> now there is a working prototype (purely test data - feel free to punch it
> around) at
>
> http://www.qdk.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=WikiShForms.2008-08-21-something
>
> (I don't usually leave them as "live" examples -- I thought this one was
> particularly cute as an example of a very simple flat-file (non-relational)
> database that could be really functional and is very extensible in terms of
> validations and etc...)

Now updated (see link above) with 3 separate "views" which the user
can choose dynamically (current view will "stick" as you move to other
data pages).  Also now includes a wikitrail for convenient navigation
which is updated automatically when new pages are added.

-Peter