[pmwiki-users] Formatting search results

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 07:57:09 CDT 2010

1. you need to format your search results by using a #fmt ; it is easy.
For the default search, edit site.search and write something as
(:searchresults fmt=#description:) instead of (:searchresults:) to
format the results with #description format so that every search that
use the defaut search will use that format.
(use a default template or create a new one if needed)

2. There is something that says PmWiki to search in current Group ; so
you need to delete this filter or to say PmWiki to use the default
search page (which isn't restricted to current Group).
Have a look in your config and in your tmpl file at search variables.

>From doc :
$PageSearchForm
The page to be used to format search results for ?action=search
(unless the current page has a "searchresults" directive in it). This
variable can be an array, in which case the first page found from the
array is used.
# Use Search page in current group if it exists, otherwise use Site.Search
$PageSearchForm = array('$Group.Search', '[=$[$SiteGroup/Search]=]');

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Search
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SearchResults

Gilles.

ps : source isn't viewable in your site (for site.search).