[pmwiki-users] Uploads not Attached partially blocking ?action=upload page creation

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Feb 21 12:25:09 PST 2023

If I understand correctly, in the ?action=upload page you see the upload
form and the DDMU dropzone, but not the Upload quick reference and the
attach list?

First I'd check if the wikigroup or the page has a different language
which defines a custom page 'PmWikiIt.UploadQuickReference' instead of
the default one in the Site group, and the custom page doesn't exist, or
is incomplete.

If this is the case, I'd create the custom UploadQuickReference page, by
either translating or simply including the default one from Site.

I'd also check the "file" permissions to the *.UploadQuickReference file
in wiki.d/ or wikilib.d/ -- make sure the PHP process can access it. You
should either check the hosting documentation, or set these file
permissions to be the same as those of another file that works, say
Site.AllRecentChanges.

If this is not the case, I'd follow the steps in PmWiki:Troubleshooting,
notably:

* Disable DDMU and Attachtable, and change to one of the core skins.
* Reload the ?action=upload page.
* If all works well, the custom skin or one of the 2 recipes above is
causing the problem.
** Enable them one after the other, and reload the page.
** If the page fails, the one you just enabled is probably causing it.
* With the 3 disabled, if the page still fails, something else is
causing it.
** Maybe disable more local customizations and reload the page.
** When the page works, probably the last disabled one caused it.

Then let us know and we'll see if we can update it.

Finally, if you have any recipes calling the function htmlspecialchars()
I'd suggest you replace these calls with PHSC(). This is a PmWiki helper
function that works in some cases the original one returns a blank
section of a page.

Petko